Our farm is located in the Centre du Québec region, the heart of the cranberry kingdom, near Drummondville. Situated on prime cranberry growing land, we have an abundance of sunlight and warmth, measured in degree-days, as well as an excellent soil composition linked to an optimal pH for cranberries growing.
Water being critical for cranberry farming, our land is infrastructure engineered to hold a significant volume of water to both grow and harvest our 4 varieties of cranberries - Pilgrim, Ben Lear, Stevens and Howes - in the best conditions.
Over the year, and to meet cranberry’s market demand, our crop has been converted to 85% of our fruits being cultivated for fresh consumption while the remaining 15% are for processing.
What else we provide?
In 2007, L&S Cranberry, L.P., invested in a state-of-the-art packing plant/cold storage facility to respond to the growing market demand for fresh cranberries. The installation of a fruit dryer system and climate controlled facility were required for maximum fruit quality retention.
Our packing plant / warehouse features a high velocity fruit drying system, 80,000 square feet of controlled refrigerated atmosphere space for warehousing and packing fresh cranberries, an inventory management system, a high speed computerized produce sorting machine, an automated bagging line of machines with hot seal, and, an automated bulk packing machine. The plant employs both full-time and seasonal employees
Accredited by PrimusLabs packing house w/HACCP V.11-04 and GlobalGAP for food safety, cleanliness and hygiene, we follow strict health and safety guidelines and monitoring procedures.
The plant is currently packing fresh cranberries in a 12oz and 3Lbs bags as well as 20Lbs bulk case format exclusively for Ocean Spray Cranberries Inc.
Ocean Spray Cranberries is a grower-owned marketing cooperative and is the market leader in the production and marketing of cranberries. It's branded products are available at all major food stores. Click the following link to see all the advantages of fresh cranberries in addition to many great recipes: www.oceanspray.com.
Since 1996, and the creation of L&S, we have been growing cranberries on 360 acres of our 800 acres (about 325 hectares) land. Dedicated to quality, our goal has been to offer the best fruit quality available on the market by continually investing in harvesting and handling techniques.
Primary cultivated for processed fruit products, since 2007 and the construction of our state of the art 80,000 square feet temperature controlled packing plant, we are harvesting, warehousing and packing all of our cranberries for the fresh fruit market leader, Ocean Spray Cranberries.
Now, and proud to have celebrated our 20th anniversary in 2016, we keep on developing our business skills as well as the packing side of our business, for Canadian and non-Canadian customers, being on the B2B or B2B2C markets, by offering a wild range of packing solutions from retail (pillow and DOY bags) to bulk (cases and totes).
- 1996: purchase of 800 acres of top land in Centre du Québec region
- 1999: cranberry vines began producing fruits, first harvest!
- 2007: packing plant construction
- 2008: L&S is one of the most important fresh cranberry grower and packer in Northern America
Growing, packing and selling cranberries implies many people and could not be accomplished without tremendous individuals and a strong team spirit. Farming is a matter of passion and all of us, from the field to the office, from the plant to the accounting, are dedicated to this tiny magic super berry. Like a family, no matter what time of the year we are in and no matter what has to be done, we care about each other.
We are driven by our core values: Respect, Leadership and Quality.
We are L&S!
Our Business Team, Only the Tip of the Iceberg!
Mike has been in the cranberry business for more than 15 years. His role is to manage all aspects of the business, especially the finances. Mike never hesitates to jump on board while in the heart of the packing season.
Kevin has been with L&S Cranberry for over six years. His goal is to provide excellent service, premium quality at every levels and ensure the team is responsive, friendly and easy to deal with. "Let’s keep it simple and we’ll make it happen."
Nicolas has joined L&S in 2014. He is responsible for developing the business side of both products and packing sides. He truly believes in human relationships and is "customer first" stamped. "No matter how long the way is, we'll get to the point!"
Nurlan has been with L&S Cranberry since 2011. Nurlan has been working on developing new markets for L&S, primarily on Eurasian continent. Being a liaison with various customers across the globe, he always tries to find a win-win solution.
We are soon to enter our 2016 harvesting and packing season. We will then be looking to fill positions in the following departments:
- Plant - Day shift
- Plant - Night shift
- Cleaning Staff